CARTHAGE PARK AUTHORITY
3 Year Term
|Chris Smith, Chairman||June 2023|
|Don Clinton||June 2023|
|Glenda Clabaugh||June 2021|
|Jimmy Davis||June 2021|
|Tate Barber||June 2021|
|Turner Alumni Official|
A City of Carthage Park Authority is created and established to govern the operation of the Carthage Municipal Park and to set policies of the Carthage Municipal Park. The board is created consisting of nine members, as follows:
(1) One member to be appointed by the Panola County Commissioner's Court;
(2) Three members to be appointed by the mayor, to be approved by the city commission, and to serve for a term of three years, beginning March 22, 1982, with one member being designated as chairperson when appointed. Upon the expiration of the three-year term, the mayor, with the approval of the city commission, may appoint a new member or members to the board or may reappoint the same member or members;
(3) One city commissioner;
(4) The city manager, or one whom he designates;
(5) The president of Panola County Dixie League, Inc. or its successor;
(6) A board member or officer of the Panola County Girls' Softball Association or its successor;
(7) A board member or officer of the Carthage Soccer Association or its successor;
(8) A board member or officer of the Turner Alumni Association or its successor.
(Code 1970, § 2-56; Ord. No. 1978-12, § 2, 12-21-1978; Ord. No. 1979-20, § 2, 10-8-1979; Ord. No. 1982-6, § 2, 10-22-1982; Ord. No. 1996-12, 7-22-1996; Ord. No. 2007-05, 2-12-2007; Ord. No. 2009-13, 8-10-2009; Ord. No. 2017-02, § 2-56, 5-22-2017 )
· Sec. 2-121. - Voting rights.
· (a) All members are entitled to an equal vote in all matters, with the exception of the city manager, who is to be a nonvoting member.
(b) The President of the Panola County Dixie League Association, the President of the Panola County Girls' Softball Association, and the President of the Carthage Soccer Association may designate another person to attend a specific meeting or meetings and to vote in all matters in such meetings.
(Code 1970, § 2-57; Ord. No. 1978-12, § 3, 12-21-1978; Ord. No. 1979-20, § 3, 10-8-1979; Ord. No. 1982-6, § 3, 10-22-1982; Ord. No. 2010-02, 4-12-2010)
· Sec. 2-122. - Powers.
The board is empowered to set and establish policies of the Carthage Municipal Park, including the baseball facilities, concessions and improvements; to set and establish rules and regulations concerning the use of the facilities and concessions; and to recommend budget proposals to the city manager. All sums of money budgeted or allocated for the Carthage Municipal Park shall be retained and controlled by the city commission, under the direction of the city manager. The city manager shall be responsible for executing and fulfilling the board's policies, rules and regulations. The meetings of the board shall be open to the public. The board shall organize annually and elect a secretary. The board shall act by a majority of its members concurring.
(Code 1970, § 2-58; Ord. No. 1978-12, § 4, 12-21-1978; Ord. No. 1979-20, § 4, 10-8-1979; Ord. No. 1982-6, 10-22-1982)