Waste Connections and the City of Carthage are partnering to bring every residential customer a new 96-gallon green poly cart.
- All residents will receive a new poly cart.
- The rental cost of the poly cart is included in the monthly trash rate of $15.45.
- Effective June 2021, Waste Connections will begin one weekly regular curbside collection service.
- Regular garbage collection shall include the solid waste materials that will fit within the 96-gallon poly cart.
- Semi-automated curbside residential solid waste collection will be available to all residents within the corporate boundaries of the City of Carthage.
- The poly cart should be placed within three (3) feet of the curb or right-of-way adjacent to the residential unit by 7:00 AM, with the handle/wheels of the poly cart toward the residence.
- Containers should not be near cars, mailboxes or other obstructions (see photo example below).
- Place all garbage in the container without overfilling the container.
- The maximum acceptable weight of each fully loaded 96-gallon poly cart will be one hundred and seventy-five (175) pounds.
Waste Connections will also provide all elderly, physically challenged, or disabled residents with one (1) time per week house side collection with one (1) green 96-gallon poly cart upon review, approval and request by the City for solid waste collection.
- Regular solid waste collection shall include only the solid waste materials that will fit within the poly cart.
- Acceptable container should be placed outside the backyard fence, at or near the garage or carport of the residential unit by 7:00 AM, and no more than one hundred and fifty (150) feet from the street.
- The maximum acceptable weight of each fully loaded poly cart will be one hundred and seventy-five (175) pounds.
Only carts provided by Waste Connections will be allowed for trash pickup.
Additional carts will be available for an additional charge for any resident who requires more than the one (1) cart provided by Waste Connections.
Waste Connections of Texas will repair and/or replace carts as required during the term of the contract and any additional term.
- All commercial dumpsters will be replaced with new dumpsters.
- The days of service will not change for commercial accounts.
- All billing for commercial accounts will come directly from Waste Connections.
- Customers will no longer be billed for trash service on the water bill.
- For more info, contact Waste Connections customer service, 903.986.1959